Santo Mezcal in Santa Barbara and Other Restaurants in the Neighborhood
Presenting the latest Los Agaves Restaurant, discover the interlacing flavors of contemporary and old world Mexican cuisine at Santo Mezcal, Santa Barbara. With a menu designed around seasonal and local ingredients, Executive Chef Ricardo Garcia delights the palate with dishes that showcase both traditional customs and exceptional quality. After your adventures in Santa Barbara, return to our art hotel to indulge in modern Mexican dishes at Santo Mezcal, or order room service to enjoy a meal from the comfort of your room.
Guests may also choose to wait outside for takeout.
Room service is still available.
Breakfast temporarily unavailable.
On the Menu
Translating to “sacred elixir of the god,” Santo Mezcal features signature dishes that combine the warmth and exquisite detail required for a premier restaurant in Santa Barbara. With a menu centered around seafood, some signature dishes include:
- Pulpo a Las Brasa: Octopus marinated in adobo and house-infused chile oil
- Camarones al Tamarindo: Mexican shrimp sautéed with chile guajillo and tamarindo sauce.
- Filete Costeno: Rib-eye steak with a cheese-stuffed pasilla pepper and one crab enchilada.
At the Bar
Immerse yourself in the Funk Zone atmosphere at our on-site bar after a day in the sun or attending to business. The drinks menu features a selection of fresh margaritas, Santa Barbara wines, and original cocktails made from an extensive mezcal and tequila collection.
Mixologist Sean Sepulveda creates drinks to awaken your senses and offer an exceptional blend of flavors. With the largest Mezcal collection in Santa Barbara on hand, sit back with a fresh cocktail and catch up with those who matter most.
In the Neighborhood
Many of our favorite places to eat in Santa Barbara are within walking distance of our hotel.
Our VIP Perks lets you enjoy exclusive special offers at some of our favorite Funk Zone establishments! Learn more on our Funk Zone page.
- The Nook – Contemporary American cuisine served inside a refurbished shipping container.
- Metropulos – Shop at the gourmet food shop and grab lunch at the metropolitan deli.
- Tyger Tyger – Chow down on fusion Viet-Thai dishes in a fantastical lantern-laden environment.
- Lucky Penny – Pair your wood-fired pizza with local beer, wine, or craft coffee.
By the Ocean
- Brophy's – Overlook the harbor while drinking signature Bloody Mary’s and enjoying a fresh clam bar that's extremely popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the Alley – Take simple sandwiches and salads to go during your beach day or sample tantalizing flavors amidst the sights and sounds of an active fish market.
- Bluewater Grill – A family chain of nautical restaurants with fresh seafood and harbor views.
- Flor de Maiz - Enjoy innovative Oaxacan cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere boasting scenic views of the Harbor and the Santa Barbara coastline.
Coffee and Treats
- McConnell's – Fresh homemade ice cream since 1949, a Santa Barbara original.
- Helena Ave. Bakery – Sweet and savory baked goods perfect for a picnic and light, foodie-friendly breakfast and lunch options.
- Dart Coffee – Enjoy a fresh cup of coffee roasted right on-site, pulled-shot specialty drinks, and local baked goods. Across the street, relax while you sip and savor your coffee in their tranquil coffee garden.
- The Lark – A Funk Zone must, indulge in an evening of patio dining with dishes from the ranch, the ocean, and the farm.
- Loquita – Craft cocktails and fresh tapas at this cozy Spanish food eatery.
- Fishouse – Seasonal seafood served on an outdoor patio with a fire pit.
- Pearl Social – Craft cocktails and light bites in a swanky atmosphere.
Dine at our variety of local restaurants in the neighborhood, including our on-site and award-winning eatery: Santo Mezcal in Santa Barbara!